Saturday 13 August 2011

Is the iPad a bussines tool?

Is the iPad a tool for business?
I believe it is but , like most devices it has it’s place.
The best way for me to comment on this is by explaining how I use it.
So firstly, I keep it at home. I don’t take it into work. What! How can that be a business expense? I can hear HMRC scuttling to my office from here. Like most of you business owners, I don’t switch off when I get home. I stop for a meal, have a chat, watch the early evening news then I pickup my iPad.
It allows me to check up on things very quickly. I use it to check email. It comes with a superb email client. I check out stuff on the web but my newest app I have become glued to is Flipboard.
This allows me to decide what is most important to me and displays ever changing pictures and text on a single screen made up of 9 large tiles per page.





At this point in time I’m working hard on the social media aspect of my business; More about this in many blogs to come.
I have my first page dedicated to my twitter, facebook, LinkedIn, twitter mentions, Microsoft Partner Portal, this blog, BBC news and FT Business Blog. It pulls information from all these sources and gives me a quick convent executive summary of my social media progress.
This saves me hours and is a lot more fun to work with. Social media is massive. It really is. Your business has to engage socially online as part of your ongoing marketing strategy. I’m just growing my social media presence but I can already see the benefits.
I’m also reading Jeffrey Gitomer’s Social BOOM. I downloaded it in minutes into me free kindle app. I think the book cost £17.00 but I had it instantly. The iPad allows me to refer to the book. Update my online content and answer emails all at the same time, in comfort, on the sofa. For me that justifies the expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Just in case you are a robot rather than a human, I've set all comments to be checked by me. I'm usually quick to do this.

Thanks for participating.

Paul H.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.